Heading back to school? Need a better college backpack? Come pick from the 10 best college backpacks for guys in 2023. You won’t regret it!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
First, let’s take a look at what actually makes a backpack the best…
What Makes it The Best College Backpack for College Guys?
We will be judging the backpacks based on a few key factors:
- Size – How big is it? Can it fit the things that a college guy needs?
- Durability – Will it last a long time? How strong is it? Cleanable?
- Comfort – Super important, since you’re carrying it on your hard working shoulders as you walk around campus
- Style – Does it look good on my back? Is it too bulky? Does it suit men’s fashion?
- Extra Features – Water Proof, Usb Charging, Laptop Sleeves, Extra Padding, etc.
These will be the main 5 that we will focus on for this review of the backpacks. Keep in mind, certain things that may not match well for most, doesn’t mean it won’t match with you.
These backpack options were based off a combination of actual experience, what I’ve seen around campus, and recommendations by actual male college students.
Why Do I Need a Good Backpack for College in 2023?
You’re a busy college guy and if you’re already looking down at screens all day, then you’re going to need the best of the best backpacks to keep your shoulders, neck, and spine supported at all times.
Are you carrying a laptop to class? Well, that weight is enough to strain your shoulders and back for all of college and potentially beyond.
Don’t make that mistake and get yourself something that can actually support not only your needs, but your body as well.
With that being said, let’s dive into the 10 best college backpacks for college guys in 2023…
JanSport Right Pack Backpack
This is such a popular backpack amongst the college community. Let’s go over a few features…
- Fits 15″ laptop
- Super simple and sleek design
- Not as much support, but good for light packers
- Long lasting
- Wide range of color options
Being one of the most classic backpacks on campus, you simply can’t go wrong with this one. Definitely consider this if you don’t have a heavy carry.
Herschel Heritage Backpack
- Fits up to 15″ laptop
- Breathable pads of shoulder straps
- Easily Cleanable
- Headphone port for listening on the go
- Only 2 pockets
Slightly extra padding and headphone port may be the difference between getting this backpack and the one above. Keep it in mind.
Matein Travel Laptop Backpack
- Usb port
- Fits up to 17″ laptops
- Elastic pocket for water bottles
- Multiple smart compartments
- Sleek, modern design
- Breathable padding on back and straps
- Water Resistant
Need I say more! This backpack has everything and more to get you through your busy college day. Carrying extra weight? This backpack is one of your best bets to carry all of it comfortably.
JanSport Big Student Backpack
Contrary to popular belief, this backpack is not only for “big students”… just kidding ?.
It is however, a big backpack. Designed for college students who can afford to lose some style in exchange for storage…
- Fully padded back
- 2 Large Compartments (compared to just 1 for most other backpacks)
- Separate zipper for 15″ laptop
- Extremely durable and long lasting (some have passed this down to their kids!)
- Water bottle holder
- Not as stylish, but makes up for it in every other factor
If you’re in the need for a huge amount of storage, this is probably the closest you’ll get to having storage, comfortability, and style in one backpack.
Vaschy School Backpack
If this one looks similar to the Herschel backpack, that’s because they are almost the same. Just a few key differences make it stand out from its competition…
- Fully padded back
- Fits 15″ laptops (If you ask me, it can fit up to 17″)
- Water resistant
- Earphone port
- Reinforced Bottom
If you live in an area that rains a lot, you may want to consider this as your go-to backpack for college. Not only is it stylish, but it will also last you longer with water resistant material.
Herschel Retreat Backpack
If you prefer smaller, quicker, and lighter, this backpack is for you! It’s 2023, you got to run out of class fast, I get it.
Plus, if you’d prefer to shove everything in one open compartment, I just found your soulmate. Here’s why…
- One giant compartment for easy pack up
- Laptop sleeve (up to 13″)
- Magnetic buckle + drawstring closure
- Unique style and color options
- Smaller size for aesthetics and weight
Don’t look past this point if you need a quick get away backpack. However, if you need something with some more usability, this backpack won’t cut it. It matches a very specific type of person/style.
Sharkbourough Supreme Backpack
- Full leather
- 15″ laptop compartment
- Adjustable straps
- Most stylish backpack on the list
- High price for high quality
If you walk around with this backpack, you will look like you know what you’re doing without even trying. It will last you long and carry your essentials while looking stylish. Sounds worth the price to me!
Kroser Laptop Messenger Bag
This is one of the best college backpacks for guys that prefer going to class with a laptop and a notebook. No more, no less. This will be your best bet and here’s why…
- Water repellant for laptop protection
- Sleek and minimal design
- Fits up to 15.6″ laptops
- Removable shoulder strap
- High quality design
- Maximum organization for its size
Looking and feeling like a business man around campus is one of the best feelings. After recently switching to messenger bags, I felt the difference. Besides, what are you really using more than a laptop, notebook, and a few pens?
Kopack Slim Laptop Backpack
- Hidden laptop compartment
- Antitheft features (lockable zippers)
- Detachable usb cable (charge on the go)
- Ergonomic and breathable back design
- Tear/Puncture resistant
- Compartments for every necessity
- Long lasting water resistant material
The list can honestly go on and on, but I think you should just check it out for yourself if you’re interested. There is a full list of features on the amazon page.
I can’t believe it does all of that while also looking stylish and comfortable!
Yorepek Laptop Backpack
For everything it holds, I’m not sure you’ll find a slimmer backpack. This guy hugs onto your back like a monkey and your belongings aren’t going anywhere! Take a look…
- Hole for usb and headphones
- Metal (lockable) zippers
- 10+ functional pockets for organized storage
- Padded back and straps for comfort
- Padded laptop compartment for added safety
- Only 7″ at full capacity (how far it will stick out from your back)
This full safety backpack can be taken beyond just your college campus, but you can bet that your essentials aren’t leaving your side. It even comes with a lock! Security is clearly this bag’s #1 priority.
There you have it, the 10 best college backpacks for guys! No matter your style, needs, or preference, at least 1 backpack on this list will suit you perfectly.
Remember to look into the actual page on amazon and read the details more carefully. I just provided some of the basic features and there may be more that will help you find the right bag for you.
I hope this list helps you on your backpack search so you can live an easy college life while you walk across campus.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, leave them down below. Thanks for reading!